The Technical Delivery Manager role will involve a blend of Technical and Product delivery. The candidate must come from a Technical background. Ideally started as an engineer/developer and progressed through architecture and then into C- suite delivery however be able to read code and architecture.
Our Technical Delivery Managers oversee the clients’ relationships, taking a technically ‘ hands-on’ approach to define and deliver solutions and driving a culture of continuous improvement. They are accountable for the overall project delivery, client satisfaction, and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time, and within budget.
• Ideally you will come from a consulting background, knowing the challenges of working for clients and managing hands-on software delivery projects.
• Technical end to end Delivery Management covering the full project initiation and life cycle: lead management, qualification for bid/financing, staffing, client management, delivery and execution governance, plus Agile, JIRA, SCRUM
• Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools & approaches; may have been a Solution Architect or Technical Lead or Head of Technology or Technical Project Manager in previous roles.
• Managing multiple cross-function delivery teams, with a focus on technical excellence and high-performance culture.
• Coordinate resources, prepare project teams for kickoff and ensure effective completion of project milestones, control project scope and mitigate risks.
• Ensure that technology solutions are fit-for-purpose and aligned with architectural principles, standards and roadmaps.
• Consider TCO and the financial impact of technology solutions, with a view to delivering value to our customers.
• Develop coding and development standards, ensuring solutions are suitably assured and of quality.
• Provide support and mentoring to technical team leads, including talent and succession planning.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) is a MUST.
• Good technical experience in Python, MEAN/MERN Stack, DevOps, and open source projects.
• Strong understanding of SDLC and Architecture.
• Extensive background in developing and delivering complex projects throughout the lifecycle.
• Delivery Management objectives in Onshore & Offshore Model for multiple clients across the globe.
• Project planning and progress monitoring, including budget control and milestone control.
• Creative problem solver, able to build contingency plans and handle stressful situations with professionalism.
• Provide technical support and participate in the Change Control Board and/ or change control process.
• Become the Single point of contact for delivery and act as an advocate between the Service Delivery and the Customer.
• Understanding of Agile methodologies.
• Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related discipline